Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Begining of the End

Only two months left in Nepal......It doesn't feel like I have a short time here, but I know that these two months will fly by. I have a lot of stuff to take care of. The past month or so I've been thinking about how it would feel living over here working and helping children.

I've stopped teaching at Skylark for about two weeks now. The reason being is that I went back to Narti to help maybe sorta kinda with the situation down there. I was there for a day and half and had to return. Not the right time. We (me, Vinod and Jake another volunteer) did however bring back 8 children. The 8 children who range from ages 8-13 took a huge step in their lives. Most of them didn't have parents or only had one parent still living, but couldn't or didn't want to take care of them. There was also 1 boy in the group we took back. I don't really know his story, but I know that his mom or step mom beat him and his dad could care less about him. He also said he would run away if he couldn't stay at the Narti hostel, because he never wanted to go back home.
So my 5th trip to Narti wasn't a big waste. These kids decided on their own that they wanted a better life for themselves and at a young age still kinda understood what this chance could mean.






So here I am. Back at the volunteer hostel in Kathmandu with 2 months left. I have no idea what to do. I really really really wish I could of stayed in Narti, but it just wasn't the right time. I think I'll have to sit down with Michael and sort everything out. My good friend Leif is coming to Nepal this weekend. Not to see me, but to climb "the Goddess Mother of the Earth" Mt. Everest. He will be here in Kathmandu for a few days so I think we will meet up. Really looking forward to seeing someone from home.

Anyway here are a few pics.
Namaste





1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam, I am really looking forward to see what kind of plans you and Michael have. I think it is great that you have the desire to stay and help. Really love your blog. Hugs from Hans and Mersia

    ReplyDelete